Engineering & Technology
B12's engineering team views software as a craft, but improving the world as the reason to practice it. Our engineers are responsible for prioritizing, conceptualizing, co-designing, building, testing, and engaging users for any concept we are building out. We’re generalists in encouraging each other to experience the full stack, but we’re also aware of each other’s preferences in the stack. We mentor and teach where we can, both inside and outside of the company.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
About The Job:
We value sharing our work with the outside world. Our team has published papers on forming expert flash teams and machine-mediated worker hierarchies. We’ve baked our research into Orchestra, the system that coordinates our expert and machine teams, and released Orchestra into open source to contribute our software back to the community.
We hope our engineers have more longevity than any one tool we use, but here is a sampling of our current thoughts about technology:
- We store blobs in Amazon’s S3, munch on them in Amazon’s EC2, develop in Docker, and deploy containers to Amazon’s Elastic Beanstalk.
- We believe Postgres should be the first system you consider when you think about persisting structured data.
- We religiously clean and centralize data in Amazon’s Redshift, and are able to answer most any question in SQL.
- We have near-full test coverage on the backend, and are making progress on our frontend and integration tests.
- We set up continuous integration and deployment because, while this model comes with its own pains, we’ve disliked being on fixed release schedules on previous projects.
- We like to move fast and support point-in-time recovery :).
You’d be a good fit if
- You have at least 2 years of experience building products and systems in production.
- You are an amazing communicator.
- You feel comfortable managing your time and deciding amongst competing priorities.
- You are passionate about the future of work.
- You enjoy learning and teaching.
- You have some mobile experience.
- You care about and want to contribute to our mission of helping people do meaningful work
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.