Engineering & Technology
The MSA department is a highly multi-disciplinary group started in 2019 to tackle difficult mail delivery, spam and abuse problems. We built sophisticated systems from scratch that combine human intelligence and machine learning to make tens of millions of realtime or asynchronous decisions each day. As of 2022, our three areas of focus are 1) mail delivery and spam, 2) abuse and account security, and 3) site reliability of Proton. Over the past 3 years, our custom systems have reduced spam filter misclassifications by over 50%, blocked millions of abusive bulk signups, protected hundreds of thousands of users from account compromise by attackers, and mitigated hundreds of DDoS attacks. In order to move fast with limited resources, we are organized into autonomous teams responsible for the whole system, with expertise across infrastructure, data storage, backend, frontend, machine learning, security and operational excellence. In 3 years, we grew from 2 engineers to over 30 engineers and analysts, spread across 3 continents for 24/7 coverage. We are looking for humble, mission-driven, systems-thinking people who want to make a big impact in a startup environment.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
What you will do
MSA builds and maintains many custom dashboards that help us fight spam and abuse, monitor traffic and critical Proton services, and support the daily workflows of over 100 customer support agents. You will work with other engineers and analysts to design and build these dashboards. As an engineering-driven organization, MSA currently doesn't have product or project managers, so you will have the opportunity to play those roles and lead the whole planning and development process. The work is heavily focused on data visualization and supporting efficient workflows for humans to take action and interact with our sophisticated systems.
- Experience in engineering complex production systems, especially involving big data
- Experience with RESTful APIs and WebSocket
- Able to work autonomously and lead the whole development process, from design to QA
- Excellent English communications, both written and spoken
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.