Enterprise Search Ingestion - Software Engineer
Engineering & Technology
As a Software Engineer at Elastic on the Enterprise Search Ingestion team, you'll be working collaboratively in a distributed working environment delivering valuable features for the Elastic Enterprise Search solution, including the Elastic App Search and Workplace Search products. Enterprise Search lets users easily implement powerful, modern search experiences for their websites, apps, or workplaces. Search it all, simply. We’re seeking a talented software engineer who is able to iterate and deliver on the most valuable pieces to meet business goals and user needs. The Ingestion team in Enterprise Search is responsible for data ingestion from a wide range of data sources and our web crawler.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will be building product enhancements for the ingestion mechanisms for Enterprise Search. It could be new features for the connector framework or the web crawler, new third-party integrations, or building developer tools to ease data ingestion.
- You will collaborate with international teammates in a mostly text-based, asynchronous, remote-first team environment with occasional video calls and yearly conferences. You’ll be hands-on with the team and codebase, reviewing work and providing constructive feedback.
- You will collaborate with the team on features and contribute to the technical deliverables. You’ll be part of an engaged and spirited team.
Our Team Style:
- We appreciate articulate and “low ego” people who want to grow as part of a team.
- We welcome diversity in all forms. We embrace strange and risky ideas and appreciate characters of all sorts.
- We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe, and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
- We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
- Enterprise Search backend stack is in Ruby and Java/JRuby with tight coupling to Elasticsearch. The frontend is Typescript/React in Kibana. We support the connector service in Python and Ruby. We welcome any language background with the expectation to become proficient in Python and Ruby quickly.
What You Will Bring:
- Previous experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines and processes.
- Previous experience with operational components of modern web applications including asynchronous job queues, daemonized services, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Previous experience with open source.
- Previous experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Excellent practical judgment. You know how to prioritize when to collaborate and ask for help, and when to be independent.
- Measured and articulated written and spoken communication skills. You work well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into correspondence: issues, investigations, documentation, and onboarding material.
- An interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies that can help you grow. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.