Engineering Manager - Full Stack
Engineering & Technology
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide our new Shared Products full-stack engineering team. In this role you will directly oversee 5 full-time engineers, and the team has 2 engineering interns. Although this is a new team in our engineering org, it has been staffed with engineers from other existing teams so you will have a full, ramped up team from day one in the role. You will predominantly work with React on the frontend, and a combination of Python and Node microservices on the backend. Other technologies you’ll work with include Gitlab, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Datadog, Amplitude, and Snowflake. You will work closely with a Product Manager, Product Designer, and have the guidance of a Staff Software Engineer. You will report into a Director of Engineering.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Oversee a full-stack team of 5 engineers (+2 eng interns). You will be responsible for the continued staffing of the team, including being a key contributor to hiring processes
- Propel the business and engineering org forward by leading high-impact projects end-to-end in an iterative, data-driven, startup environment
- Shape the technical roadmap for the team, contribute to product roadmap and OKR discussions, and drive the engineering agile processes for the team
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and growth, ensuring team members excel with oversight and mentorship, are working on projects at the intersection of interest, experience, and business impact, and have concrete opportunities for growth
- Drive high release quality and cadence by completing code reviews, ensuring end-to-end tests are written, and sustainable yet pragmatic development practices are followed
- Strategically contribute technically - write important design docs, tackle particularly intricate components / features or services, jumping in as an individual contributor when appropriate
- Contribute to cross-team technical meetings and discussions, and opportunities to improve engineering productivity and processes
- 4+ years software development experience, including 1+ years of either formal management or close mentoring of junior and intermediate software developers
- Coding: Senior technical depth in at least one of Python or JS. Also, at least intermediate depth on frontend development using a modern frontend framework (ex. React/Vue/Angular)
- Strong knowledge of modern web technologies, system design & architecture, and microservices
- Been a technical lead for shipping major features / projects, and worked with multiple codebases
- Been involved in hiring & interview processes
- Experience working with Product Managers and Designers, in an agile setting
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.