Source code is at the heart of Sourcegraph. We support multiple code hosts and retrieve, store, index, and serve source code - to end users, admins, and other internal services. Our latest addition to our product catalog, Cody, reimagines how code is written and supercharges our developer customers. As an Engineering Manager, Cloud Operations, Ship, you will oversee the operations of our Cloud Managed Services. Sourcegraph hosts the infrastructure for our customers to manage their source code (search, insights, own, etc) as well as our brand new AI Code Assistant (Cody).
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Within one month, you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports and peers.
- Understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your teams are working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals, as well as current status, risks, and mitigations.
- You will work closely with senior ICs on your team to ensure the technical strategy sets us up for success.
- Start transition of the Cloud Operations team over to you.
Within three months, you will…
- Help all teams build scalable solutions to manage complex releases.
- Steadily improve processes for your teams and manage on-call & support rotations.
- Help improve our observability and reduce our MTTD (Mean Time to Detect) and MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve) critical customer issues
- Champion customer engagement in all phases of design, development to support flawless deployments
Within six months, you will…
- Have significantly improved our current infrastructure key pain points
- Created a long-term plan for continuous improvement of the organization, higher scale customer handling, etc.
Within one year, you will…
- Have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your org should work towards.
- Develop a clear technical and execution strategy to achieve that next set of goals.
As Engineer Manager for Ship, you not only have experience as a technical manager, but also personal expertise to guide our teams to improve existing infrastructure, prepare for expansion of product lines, scale customer environments, scale our own ability to host more customers.
You have experience dealing with customers with very high technical bars of their own, and you can have serious technical conversations with CTOs, Heads of Engineering, and decision makers in companies in every business sector. You can represent your team with customers, roughly as if you were a rotation engineer on that team.
And as an Engineering Manager at Sourcegraph, your broad industry experience will be valuable across departments, from the data source (repo management) through the indexing, processing, and api serving in all our deployment environments.
- You have at least 4 years of management experience and 5 years of hands-on coding experience.
- You have led engineering teams and have held a high technical bar for teammates as well as yourself.
- You have experience with SaaS operations.
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- You have experience with container solutions (Kubernetes, GKE, Kustomize, Helm).
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.