Engineering & Technology
We are looking for engineering managers who are experienced engineers, and when presented with a problem can quickly identify and focus on the difficult parts. We want to see candidates recognize where complexities might arise in their design, and what parts of their solution might break at scale.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
As a manager:
- You are comfortable managing team members with different skill sets from your own.
- You can communicate expectations clearly to all team members, solicit and deliver individual feedback frequently (not just in the scope of review periods).
- You have the ability to run effective 1-on-1s, group discussions, planning sessions, and retrospectives.
- You are capable of identifying the most high-value projects and keeping your team focused on these projects.
- You can prioritize, create alignment, and provide clarity. Beyond being autonomous and guiding your team, you take ownership of problems that you see across the organization, even if they are beyond your defined responsibilities.
- You can develop processes and remove hurdles to facilitate great and fast execution by your team.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change, especially around organizational structure and the boundaries of your role. You enjoy jumping into whatever areas need attention and learning as-you-go.
- You are able to make decisions in the presence of ambiguity to create clarity for your reports and teams.
- You value empathetic and direct communication, particularly when giving and receiving feedback.
- You have expertise and interest in growing teams: interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- You have strong data-driven prioritization skills and you are unafraid to say no to any level of authority, when things don't look right.
- You have the ability to make sound "code quality vs speed of development" trade-offs.
- You have Advanced-level English skills, especially Speaking and Writing.
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing a team of 5-15 people (full-stack, backend, mobile), across various technologies.
- You have managed process and organizational design improvements, and hired and supported successful teams.
- You have demonstrated experience in Lean/Agile management practices.
- You have delivered several large projects (in the context of your team) successfully in the past 3 years.
- You have 5+ years of experience developing software as an IC engineer.
- You have a strong technical background as a Senior Engineer for at least 3 years on the web backend written in Python, Java programming languages
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.