Media Directors (SEO) provide leadership within the SEO team and help to run the biggest SEO accounts. Media Directors (SEO) are amongst the most senior members of the SEO team and are experts in their field, providing guidance and quality assurance for clients, ensuring that client agreements are fulfilled and that the work delivery is of a high quality and is aligned to client KPIs, strategy and needs.
- Minimum Qualification: MPhil / PhD
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 9 years
- Line management of a team of Media Managers (SEO); providing leadership and guidance to team
- Responsible for quality assurance for SEO work that is delivered out of the team
- Accountable for the implementation and delivery of SEO campaigns by the team according to the agreed search strategy, including activity planning and scheduling
- Identify key opportunities including innovations and up and cross sells for clients.
- Think strategically – developing the SEO strategy and ensuring that the SEO strategy is on track and not diversifying from the scope and strategy pillars agreed with the client
- Responsible for all aspects of SEO analysis and delivery including keyword research, competitor analysis, content and backlink audits, and ensuring a high standard of delivery of these by the team
- Work towards client targets and goals within wider performance media campaigns
- Effectively manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Continuously increasing knowledge of wider media channels, especially SEO and PPC, keeping up to date with marketplace and technical developments and integrating these developments into client campaigns
- Running Total Search campaigns/pilots for clients – i.e. projects across SEO and PPC to maximise ROI, drive efficiencies, spot opportunities and deliver integrated solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the business including Professional and Client Services, always putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Share knowledge derived from client campaigns and industry research with fellow team members; coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Help to develop SEO knowledge within the department and wider company
- Travel to client meetings when required
- Provide support with business development opportunities, including attending pitches
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and administrative work as requested by Head of Department
- Assist and participate in the on-going development of Digitas’ SEO service and product offering.
- Relating changes and trends in the digital marketing and specifically the SEO industry to clients in the portfolio, and making changes to strategies and SEO tactics based on this where appropriate.
- Listening to client requests and recognizing when they are dissatisfied, digging deeper and acting upon these insights. Coaching the team to ensure that client needs are met and that the wider team is aware of developments.
- Identifying and acting upon new business and upsell opportunities.
Delivery and Innovation:
- Leading client communications as the senior SEO point of contact for assigned clients.
- Understanding clients and coaching Media Managers within the SEO team to do the same. Proactively gathering information to learn about their needs and expectations. Excellent communication and expectation management internally and with clients.
- Challenging clients and coaching others when necessary, asking probing questions to determine the best route.
- Achieving individual and team objectives by delivering work within time, budgets, and risk parameters – even in the face of obstacles.
- Always questioning current practices and propose solutions that will benefit clients and the SEO teams, and motivating others in the team to come up with new ideas and initiatives.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the SEO and wider media team.
- Communicating effectively to people within the team ensuring that everyone understands the overall strategy, objectives, and tasks.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team; developing and coaching direct reports within the team to ensure they perform well.
- Identifying and tackling poor performance promptly and appropriately.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.