With the rapid growth in carbon markets increasing media attention and scrutiny to the field, Verra is seeking a Senior Program Officer, Trade and Markets Media. This position will be responsible for relationships with trade media, a major focus of our daily engagement and a key communications pathway to both projects and purchasers – two of our most important audiences. This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career professional seeking to develop media relations skills as part of a larger communications portfolio.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 3 years
You bring with you...
- 3-7 years of experience in communications or media relations, including experience translating complex ideas into clear, compelling outreach messages.
- An interest in developing skills in forging new relationships with journalists by understanding their beats, their needs and how to meet them.
- A commitment to meeting the climate challenge by supporting pragmatic, impactful solutions that are worth fighting for.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by...
- Gaining an intimate understanding of carbon finance, which will become increasingly important as the world moves to net zero emissions in the coming decades.
- Becoming an integral part of the world’s leading environmental and social standard setter.
- Having the opportunity to advance as the need to communicate these complex strategies increases.
You will know you are successful, if...
- You establish yourself as a trusted source of information for trade and market reporters covering the sector.
- You are able to answer inquiries, understand and explain the broader context in which we operate.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.