Program Officer/Senior Program Officer, Media Relations
Marketing & Communications
Verra is seeking a Program Officer / Senior Program Officer to help reporters understand the role that carbon finance plays in meeting the climate challenge. This primarily involves fielding inquiries from reporters – some routine and others requiring you to research individual projects and methodologies, often in tandem with Verra staff to investigate existing projects and methodologies
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:3 years
A day with Verra’s collaborative Communications Team might include:
- Answering media inquiries that range from the simple to the highly complex, often requiring extensive research.
- Logging reporter contact info and interactions in media database with the goal of broadening Verra's press list
- Draft talking points for a media briefing to support the development of proactive messaging on the future of carbon finance
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading:
- Managing the media inbox, which entails:
- Monitoring inquiries,
- Answering those inquiries you can – first in cooperation with Verra staff, but gradually more on your own,
- Escalating those inquiries as needed to senior communications staff, then using their guidance to conduct your own research, and
- Logging all inquiries and the status of responses received;
- Helping to develop and manage Verra’s online press room.
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with reporters, which includes:
- Understanding individual reporters’ areas of interest, keeping them abreast of new developments, and pitching them stories.
- Help reporters understand the full context in which we operate (recognizing that you may be learning this at the same time).
- Collaborate with relevant team members to educate the media about Verra, with a specific focus on carbon offsetting and other environmental and social markets.
- Manage, where relevant, consultants and contractors in the conduct of the above functions.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
You bring with you:
- A strong desire to help meet the climate challenge by supporting pragmatic, non-ideological solutions.
- A background in journalism or media relations.
- A willingness to assist reporters with complex and complicated queries, as well as to conduct additional research on their behalf.
- A rudimentary understanding of environmental impact assessment and carbon finance, or a desire to learn.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Basic understanding of research methodologies.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.