With the rapid growth in carbon markets increasing media attention and scrutiny to the field, Verra is seeking a Manager, Rapid Response Media to actively monitor breaking news developments and identify how the organization could play a role in the conversation; and, critically, to respond to breaking news involving or targeting Verra. This position will also work closely with the Manager, Media Relations during all-hands-on-deck reactive opportunities
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
You bring with you...
- 7-10 years of experience working directly with the media in a rapid response context.
- Experience forging new relationships with journalists by understanding their beats, their needs, and how to meet them.
- The ability to quickly onboard, process, and message complex issues.
- Excellent news sense and judgment.
- An understanding that speed is essential in effectively shaping the media conversation – but also an understanding that the most important determinant of the success of rapid response outreach is less rushing without purpose and more insightful planning.
- A commitment to meeting the climate challenge by supporting pragmatic, impactful solutions that are worth fighting for.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by...
- Gaining an intimate understanding of carbon finance, which will become increasingly important as the world moves to address climate.
- Becoming an integral part of the world’s leading environmental and social standard setter.
- Having the opportunity to advance as the need to communicate these complex strategies increases.
You will know you are successful if...
- You establish yourself as a trusted source of information for reporters covering the sector.
- You identify reactive media opportunities on a regular basis and, when Verra chooses to engage, are one of the first media professionals to contact key reporters.
- You are able to answer inquiries and understand and explain the broader context in which we operate.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.