A well-established international school which runs both Cambridge and GES educational programs at Accra seeks applications from qualified personnel for the position of Head of Infant School.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic and operational leadership for the department, setting and maintaining standards of academic and character development
- Lead leaders and teachers in the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of an excellent curriculum in the department which prepares pupils for academic success, and provides transformational curricular and extra-curricular experiences which would prepare the pupils for higher primary education.
- Line manages class teachers in the department, maximizing their impact through excellent performance management, coaching, mentoring and support.
- Vet all mid-term and end of term exam questions of the department before their final print.
- Exhibit a broad and deep understanding of department leadership and management in an international context.
- Lead and manage teachers and leaders on culture standards including behavior, attendance and punctuality, parent communication, the implementation of pastoral provisions.
- Lead recruitment of pupils into department, including managing recruitment processes and events.
- To line manage relevant staff and manage their performance to maximize lesson outcomes.
- Through observation and feedback, coach teachers in the department to ensure excellent positive culture in all lessons.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm, patience, resilience and self-discipline.
- Good judgment and an analytical mind.
- High level of creativity.
- Supervisory and Observatory skills.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Child Development.
- 5 years of teaching experience is required.
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Must have knowledge of Cambridge Educational program.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional educational experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that this role brings.
Interested and qualified
candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.