Director of Field Marketing
Marketing & Communications
You played for your college/university chess team or maybe started your own chess club. You have experience leading successful marketing programs for college students in America, and preferably students abroad as well. You're less than 10 years removed from campus and have excelled and gained leadership experience in that time. You love chess and you want to grow the game, sharing your passion with the world.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
What You’ll Do
- Help change the world by leading all things colleges at Chess.com, including our College Chess League (#1 online chess league) and our College Ambassador Program (one of the fastest growing college programs in the United States)
- Lead a growing team of passionate college growth managers who oversee both of these programs and help to expand both throughout the world in 2023
- Guide a network of hundreds of passionate chess ambassadors all over the world to grow the game of chess on their college/university campuses and connect chess to many other areas of campus life
- Develop marketing and strategy plans to further develop the cultural movement that we are creating and to create fun and viral moments on college/university campuses, both in-person and virtual (esp. social media)
- Work closely with a range of key stakeholders within Chess.com, from our senior leadership team to our field marketing, events, CRM and other groups
- Visit college campuses occasionally, e.g. for big events that we create
- 5+ Years of experience in marketing/growth marketing/product marketing, 2+ years managing a team
- You have 2+ years of experience doing marketing/growth programs for consumers, ideally college students
- Experience with ground-swell/guerilla marketing movements and/or ambassador-driven marketing
- Strong bias for action and experience with entrepreneurial ventures and/or scaling up early-stage programs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player (though it is not required that you are a strong chess player)
- Lifelong learner
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.