We are seeking an expert creative writer and tech-savvy communications professional with strong organizational and relationship-building skills to join our External Affairs team as our Communication Manager. This position reports to the Senior Manager of External Affairs and will work closely with the Chief Development Officer, Philanthropy Manager, External Affairs Officer, and other interdepartmental teammates living and working in 20+ countries around the world. Communications at Medic is highly collaborative during ideation and brainstorming phases, with execution of strategy and deliverables owned by the Communications Manager.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance Medic’s mission, goals, and initiatives; broaden awareness of its priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences, using metrics to support success or needing to redirect strategies.
- Identify and suggest thought leadership opportunities for Medic key opinion leaders including op-eds, speaking opportunities, coalition engagement.
- Build internal fluency with key talking points, and position statements, in line with the needs of multiple stakeholders and audiences.
- Coordinate with global teammates to ensure content and collateral is available in regional languages for targeted audiences.
- Advise the Director of Community to ensure consistent messaging, branding and voice across all platforms. (Balancing Medic as an organization and the Community Health Toolkit as the product we build with the global community.)
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent supplementary experience required
- Fluency in English and French required.
- 5 years of experience in communications, journalism, public relations or related domains, with significant preference for global health and/or technology nonprofit context.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Ability to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines while gracefully balancing changing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work well remotely, under pressure, and with limited supervision but with high accuracy, purpose, and impact.
- Humility + growth mindset – our team learns from one another no matter the title, we expect each person to own their expertise and seek learning opportunities from others.
- The ability and openness to travel with simple accommodations to Medic’s regional offices in Nairobi, Dakar, Kampala, and Kathmandu (and in some cases, to partner sites across Africa and Asia), at times with less than 30 days notice.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.