Amateur Radio Digital Communication
Marketing & Communications
ARDC seeks an experienced Communications Manager to join our team. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will serve a key role in delivering a comprehensive communications strategy. This role requires a dynamic individual who is well-versed in writing press releases and blog posts, as well as engaging with people on social media, chat forums, and in-person networking opportunities at conferences. An ideal candidate will be active in technology communities – particularly those related to amateur radio, digital communications science, free/libre open source software, and DIY culture. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in doing communications work in a philanthropic environment related to technology and education.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Communications Strategy: Creating, implementing, and monitoring communications and social media strategies, serving as communications strategist and thought partner on a multidisciplinary team.
- Content Development: Writing and editing primarily digital content such as newsletters, blog posts, brochures, and public-facing formal reports, as well as developing and implementing social media content.
- Media Relations: Serving as a media liaison; curating targeted press lists of relevant media outlets, trade publications, and publications reaching underrepresented groups in amateur radio, digital communications, and technology more generally.
- External Engagement and Events: Participating in opportunities to raise visibility of ARDC and seek new projects and communities worth funding; managing and engagement on community forums.
- Community Liaison: Keeping an eye out for relevant events and info that we need to be paying attention to, and educating the ARDC team about what’s going on out in the world.
- Presentation: Working with the ARDC team to develop opportunities and to deliver high-quality presentations, pitches, and interviews in both virtual and in-person settings.
- Brand Management: Ensuring that all ARDC public-facing materials are reflective of our values and standards. This includes copyediting, website updates and maintenance (WordPress), and creating professional-looking, polished works.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in communications or public relations for a scientific, educational organization such as a nonprofit, school, or university.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an engagement strategy and complete complex communications campaigns.
- Functional skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design software.
- Functional skills in video editing.
- Functional skills in working with WordPress (content management, page / post design).
- Ability to follow a style guide / utilize a brand kit.
- Ability to quickly produce clear, concise, and compelling written copy for audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a collaborative workplace.
- Ability to manage, maintain and keep deadlines.
- Proficiency in using a range of technology, including LibreOffice and Google Docs, and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Enthusiasm for or the desire to learn about the science and art of amateur radio.
- A collaborative and relationship-building mindset.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, particularly in an area related to technology, management, or communications.
- Experience working in startups or other new, growing organizations.
- Experience working with international colleagues and communities, including working with translators where needed.
- Experience working with distributed teams and working remotely.
- Familiarity with and involvement in amateur radio, ideally including the possession of an amateur radio license (which, if not already possessed, should be obtained post-hire).
- Familiarity with (and love for) open source software and culture, as well as technological innovation in general.
- Experience writing how-to documentation for technical subject matters.
- Experience with podcast guest appearances and / or conference presentations.
- Experience working with nonprofits, foundations, or other grantmaking organizations.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.