Technical Program Manager
Management & Business Development
Security is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to oversee multiple projects: deploying cyber security systems, tracking scheduled work, and reporting the status of various projects and metrics to both security and product teams. This position also requires someone with a technical background that can assist with system reviews and technical validation that systems are functioning per the project requirements. The technical program manager will coordinate between various security, IT, operations, and engineering teams to ensure success.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the Security organization. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress and weekly status updates. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Requires understanding of project metrics, communication plan, IT Agile concepts, resource allocation, and conflict resolution.
- Coordinate and monitor programs from initiation through delivery. Monitor the department projects and prevent scope creep and budget overruns. Will track overall spending, milestones, requirements, scope, training, and user acceptance testing. Will assist at the project idea stage to gather requirements from end-users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to create technical specifications. Conducts complex work important to the organization. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Will learn and adhere to Veeva’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology framework. Strong ability to communicate with business/technical staff and comprehend complex technical concepts. Strong proficiency using Microsoft Project, JIRA, or similar tools with a strong aptitude for project scheduling, tracking and analysis, and understanding of Earned Value metrics. Strong knowledge of project management methodology in a PMI context. Attention to detail. Operates with the highest ethical standards.
Skills and Experience:
- Understands formal SDLC process and methodologies
- Experience tracking and updating project schedules and deliverables across a project portfolio
- Defines project schedules and resource management
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented and understand the five why’s of documenting and recording project requirements
- Understand the triple constraints and methods of keeping projects under control
- Expert understanding of what a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is and how to control it
- Communication skills to speak with executive leadership, sponsors, customers, and project team
- Ability to define, monitor, and control project scope creep, budgets, and timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
- 6+ years experience with college coursework or certification such as PMP or Scrum in lieu of a formal degree
- Scrum or Agile certification or training
- 4+ years in systems and program management
- 4+ years in building workflow maps, project timelines, and tracking
- Experience with small to large programs and projects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (formulas, charts, etc.)
- Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, JIRA, or similar project management software
- Understanding of IT systems, security, databases, and enterprise architecture
- Complex problem-solving and ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
Nice to Have:
- Project Management Certification and/or Licensed Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Projects, Visio or similar tools
- 5+ years of experience working in the Technology Industry
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, Project Management, MIS, or similar)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.