Role of Unit / Department
The core mandate of the Sales Unit is to generate leads, undertake sales, drive revenue growth and achieve the sales target, and coordinate with the relevant units to provide after-sales services. The Sales Unit is operates guided by Sambus Sales Cycle to perform activities ranging from prospecting and qualifying leads, researching on prospects/leads, and presenting and closing deals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify sales opportunities and follow the sequence of activities in the Sambus Sales Cycle to achieve annual sales target
- Networking and building connections as well as developing new accounts to build a potential sale pipeline.
- Developing a sales document, preparing quotes, and completing sales-related administration tasks
- Providing outstanding after-sales services to clients and managing client relationships to ensure positive customer satisfaction reviews. Achieve minimum 4-star rating (i.e. 4 out 5) in the assigned vertical
- Collaborating with the Finance & Operations Unit and the Tech team to ensure products are ordered and delivered within agreed timelines. This involves transferring orders to the Finance & Operations Unit for purchases to be made and ensuring that the Tech team delivers and trains clients on products purchased within the agreed timelines.
- Drive repeat sales by checking customer purchase history and cross-selling and/or upselling clients
- Ensure customer loyalty by generating and suggesting added value services clients end-users within client organizations can get from the products purchased
- Keep the product knowledge and technical skills up to date by participating in ongoing training, workshop, and career development programmes
- Accept ownership for generating, maintaining and expanding sales and value-addition services in the assigned vertical.
- Operational reporting and feedback: To produce periodic operational reports to the line manager and provide feedback on market and customer developments that Sambus needs to respond to
- Client and vertical research to stay up to date of industry developments and trends to build expertise and help serve clients/potential clients better.
- Debt recovery support: Monitor account receivables in assigned industry and collaborate with the product champions in client organization to induce fast payment on receivables. This includes engaging with clients and sharing payment plan options with them to promote fast payment on receivables and reduce bad debts/withholding tax components.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum University’s Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Geospatial/GIS related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in Geospatial/SaaS/GIS or related industries.
- Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, soliciting customer requirements, and generating solutions for customers and potential
- Experience in a target-driven environment with a demonstrated ability to work to achieve set targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of sales techniques
- Proactive and innovative with demonstrated ability to identify value-added products and/or services for clients and potential clients
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences