Reports Directly to: Manager Credit Risk & Admin
- Liaising with Relationship Officers to collect payments from Customers
- Accounting for all money collected on a daily basis
- Issuing receipt for money collected
- Capturing cash collection data and maintenance of payment records for each customer account and related information.
- Researching on market trends and reporting on it.
- Performing banking activities
- Mobilising Savings from customers.
- Selling company products
- Performing related and other responsibilities as required or assigned.
Contacts: The Collection Officer has regular contact with Customers, Relationship Officers and Loan Recovery Department.
Authority: To demand payments due and mobilize funds from Clients
Departmental Relations: All departments
External Relations: Customers
Responsibility for Assets: Calculator, Computer and Cash collected
a. Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of cash collection procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Ability to maintain manual and computerized accounting records.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic computations
- Ability to prepare written correspondence and reports.
b. Personal Competencies
- Ability to bring integrity and honesty to bear on work
- Must be energetic and dedicated
- Must be tactful
Required Qualification / Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Senior High School certificate
- At least one-year relevant work experience
- Marketing skills