- Determines machinery condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and damaged parts, making an exchange or requesting recovery of damaged parts.
- Disassembling and assembling parts of the engine, transmission, hydraulic system, planetary, final command, directional, and undercarriage machinery.
- Service, repair, and maintenance of a variety of machinery and other special purpose types of equipment.
- Maintain records of equipment repaired along with time spent on such equipment.
- Check heavy-duty machinery for proper performance.
- Inspect machinery to detect faults and malfunctions and diagnose to determine the extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using appropriate tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Maintain a schedule for preventative maintenance on all equipment providing for lubrication, replacement of tires, and tune-ups.
- Provides instruction and training in the proper methods and processes necessary to perform equipment repair, inspection and preventive maintenance.
- Assists other mechanics with the more difficult assignments.
- Performs other related work as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Should possess a minimum of an HND in a relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience specifically with CAT, Volvo, Hitachi, or alike heavy machinery maintenance.
- Must have undergone a specialized mechanic course.
- Previous working experience with equipment dealers or heavy construction companies is preferable.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engine, transmission;
- Knowledge of heavy machinery in civil construction;
- Maintenance applicable to the various brands and models of machines;