A multinational company with office, warehouse and production facility located in Tema Ghana is looking for a reputable Sales Manager for immediate employment. This company is one of the leading global companies in consumer goods within its sector. It has been operating in Ghana for close to 5 years and has ambitious growth plans for the future. The Sales Manager will be in charge of over 80 sales staff make-up of the TMs, FSRs, Sales men, Open market Representatives etc.
- Provide leadership to the Sales Team in Ghana by developing and executing sales strategy, ensuring sales growth, through driving effective product and channel pricing/value chains, to achieve established sales targets.
- Sets up and implement the business plan for the Company’s brands including revenue and cost, forecasts & targets in line with the integrated sales strategy.
- Develop and maintain an efficient sales strategy according to the framework of the strategic plans, to achieve the quantitative and qualitative sales targets by providing direct and functional leadership.
- Ensure an efficient Route to market system that will help improve our distribution especially in the rural areas of Ghana.
- Drive volume & revenue growth through the right product mixes in the appropriate channels.
- Drive Profitability by ensuring competitive pricing in the trade through regular market intelligence reports on competition.
- Assess & appoint Distributors through proper evaluation of capital base, distribution expertise, organizational structure and commitment.
- Develop sales plans, activities, campaigns and manages the day-to-day activities of a sales team to implement the organization's overall sales strategy.
- Understand market, trade, and consumer needs to create the winning strategy.
- Monitor sales volume, revenue, and costs against forecast to identify problem areas & come up with feasible solutions.
- Develop and build the appropriate sales team to drive significant business growth.
- Conduct Weekly Operational Review (WOR) & Monthly Operational review (MOR) with the regional team to review plans against actual and way forward.
- Set clear key performance management metrics for the sales team in Ghana.
- Identify training needs and gaps of Territory Managers and come up with ways to close the gap
- Train TMs on Stakeholder Management, Distributor management & Field management & Negotiation.
- Ensure Distributors are motivated to drive the agenda of the company by implementing a competitive trade term in the trade.
- Oversee the implementation of the Sales Force Automation (SFA) across all the regions in Ghana.
Educational Level: Bachelor in Business/Economics/Marketing or related courses, though preferably Master degree
Years of Experience: 5 years or more of sales experience and 5 years or more of management/leadership experience needed
Send Cv and Motivation Letter (ML) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure your CV clearly shows your experience, skills and abilities.
- All documents must be in PDF format
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3 rd of January, 2022
Only Shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.