- Responsible for internal audit strategy and annual risk-based audit plan for Board and management approval.
- Objectively review and make recommendations on the organization's business processes and the efficacy of its risk management procedures and governance.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets.
- Develop apt departmental policies and procedures to guide internal audit functions.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance and improvement program that covers all aspects of the internal audit function, and continuously monitor its effectiveness.
- Responsible for the development and capacity of the internal audit team for relationship and technical excellence.
- Provide internal control and system report to the board and management.
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes of the country and related stakeholders.
- Ensure all audit concerns raised are adequately addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitors for evolving best practice in the areas of audit, fraud prevention and internal controls.
- Cooperates with internal and external legal advisors and risk control units on investigations into major control issues.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification in related discipline.
- Member of a recognized professional body (ICAG, ACCA).
- Five (5) years relevant working experience with at least 2 years in senior management position in a financial institution.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Strong knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet and other auditing software and tools.