- Determine how food should be presented and create a decorative food display.
- Determine production schedules and ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and cost of food and ingredients supplies.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to the established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparations, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure workers follow standard regulations.
- Order food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Prepare and cook food of all types on regular basis or on functions.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of cooks and worker engage in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products from the market.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on the specified form.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all food operations within an establishment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least two (2) years in a restaurant or hotel kitchen with cooking expertise in Local Dishes.
- Either of NVTI Certificate 1 & 2 (Cookery) Or HND Catering
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm under pressure
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently
- Must be a good team player
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have high standards of personal hygiene
- Ability to cook and serve well
- Ability to work long hours in a stressful environment
Salary Range: Negotiable