Business Unit: Engineering
Reporting Lines: Project Manager
Job Description and Responsibility:
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites and related reports submitted by the Consultant and Contractor.
- Conduct surveys, if required in order to establish legal boundaries based on legal deeds and titles for the company’s properties.
- Review and record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or features.
- Prepare site surveying documents and present findings to to clients.
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds physical evidence and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Interface with civil engineers, landscape architects, cartographers, or urban planners.
- Calculate areas od land parcels and easements using mathematics and computer software.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics Engineering with three years experience in Geomatic engineering.
- Should be willing to travel outside Accra and Ghana.
- Should be able to use computer-aided design (CAD) and digital mapping software.
- Should be able to use state-of-the-art equipment, such as global positioning systems(GPS) and global navigation satellite systems(GNSS) and spatial imaging devices.