A reputable Institution inviting qualified candidates for the position of Senior Officer, Finance (Budget Officer) to provide technical and operational support for the effective and efficient performance of the financial management functions of the organization.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Collates data for the formulation of policies
- Implements programmes and activities of the Department
- Provides inputs for the preparation of annual budget of the Department
- Provides inputs for the preparation of annual budget of the Institution.
- Provides inputs for the preparation of annual financial report of the Institution.
- Complies with the provisions of the financial management laws, regulations and other fiscal policies
- Supervises the vetting of all financial vouches and relevant documents before payments are effected.
- Oversees the maintenance of appropriate ledgers
- Implements financial recommendations contained in audit reports
- Provides inputs for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Department
- Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Finance, Accounting or any other related disciplines
- Must be a chartered member of a recognised and relevant Professional Body (e.g. ICA-GH, ACCA, CPA or CIMA)
- A minimum of four (4) years post- Bachelor’s degree or its professional equivalent relevant work experience in a reputable organization
- Good knowledge in financial management laws, regulations and fiscal policies
- Good leadership, networking and management skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations
- Good strategic management skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- High integrity and good ethical standard
- Knowledge in Administrative procedures
- Report Writing Skills