- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control.
- To liaise with customers regarding special functions.
- To ensure that table appointments, including flower arrangements, are impeccable and that tables are set correctly.
- To ensure that stations have their correct mise in place.
- To ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and actioned without delay.
- To maintain high standards of the moral and personal appearance of all staff.
- To ensure fair and equitable discipline, yet complying with house or company regulations.
- To investigate and action the causes of staff grievances.
- To be aware of all statutory regulations affecting safety and ensure that any safety hazard is rectified.
- To ensure that all stocks and supplies are timeously requested, correct stock levels maintained and stored under optimum conditions.
- To ensure regular stocktaking of all operating equipment at specified intervals.
- To ensure that operating equipment is used properly and not abused, e.g. serviettes and waiters; cloths used for cleaning.
- To ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings on a regular basis to impart information.
- To hold regular On-the-Job training sessions to ensure that staff can perform their duties correctly.
- To give feedback on guest letters and comments.
- To maintain a high degree of interest in self-development, displaying this by making suggestions for realistic improvements.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Diploma/HND in Business studies, Hotel/Institutional management
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in a managerial and customer-focused role.