Program Officer, Social Media
Marketing & Communications
Verra is scaling up its communications work and is looking for a Program Officer, Social Media, to manage its presence on various social media platforms.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
A day with Verra might include:
- Preparing a LinkedIn post highlighting a key announcement, including drafting text, identifying an appropriate image, confirming image permissions, and checking embedded links.
- Spotting a critical social media post and discuss the appropriate response with senior staff.
- Working with a senior staff member about how they might amplify organizational messages.
Specific functions that you are responsible for delivering:
- Plan and implement social media campaigns: develop objectives, timelines, and workplans; prepare all content for clearance by senior staff; coordinate with internal teams and external stakeholders as appropriate; and ensure timely execution of all planned activities.
- Manage audiences: plan and execute campaigns to enhance the number of followers and quality of engagement across social media platforms.
- Assess the effectiveness of social media activities: review analytics of social media activities; determine indicative metrics and indicators of success; and identify lessons learned from the conduct of activities and integrate these into upcoming efforts.
- Monitor social media traffic: conduct comprehensive monitoring of social media traffic about the organization and its areas of work; escalate issues that are spotted; advise on possible responses; and implement followup activities.
- Develop social media collateral: draft text for materials and obtain necessary review and approvals; work with graphic designer on the production of materials, where necessary; and support production efforts.
- Support social media needs of staff: advise staff on best practices in using social media; work with staff to help amplify organizational messages; and support staff on optimizing their social media profiles.
You bring with you:
- Relevant professional work experience in many or all of the communications functions set out above.
- Familiarity with environmental and/or social markets, ideally gained through first-hand experience with carbon crediting programs or other environmental or social markets, is preferred.
- Very close attention to detail, with an interest in, and aptitude for, proofreading text, ensuring image permissions, and checking links.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong organizational skills and self-discipline to be able to prioritize and work eﬃciently and effectively under deadlines in an independent manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional approach and demeanor in high-pressure situations and to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Supporting a high-functioning team to deliver a broad range of communications functions for both small, short-term projects and long, large-term projects. The ability to make an impact is enormous.
- Working at a fast-paced, environmentally focused non-profit organization.
- Expanding your network of professionals working on climate and sustainable development, including government oﬃcials, private-sector actors, NGOs, and others.
- Learning from a diverse group of climate and sustainable development leaders with vision and other passionate professionals at Verra.
You will know you are successful, if:
- The effectiveness of Verra’s communications, particularly around social media, continually improves.
- Verra’s communications team has a strong standard operating procedure for its social media work that continues to be expanded and refined.
- You effectively serve on a team of professionals dedicated to communicating Verra’s work to global audiences.
- You support your team to achieve deliverables across the ﬁnish line on schedule.
You will join a team:
- From diverse locations and backgrounds.
- Committed to driving finance at scale to projects and programs that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs.
- Embodying the values Verra has established for itself: Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.