A Government Agency responsible for improving education and reading habits is seeking to transform the organization leveraging technology. No day will be the same in this role.
You would be delivering IOS and Android Apps/tools internally and externally with associated back end infrastructure while also working on ground breaking Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence projects with volunteers from global (Wall street and Silicon Valley) tech companies.
This is an amazing opportunity to transform the world of education with technology. Join the newly established forward-thinking team at this Agency in solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to challenge to learn and grow your career.
Scope of role
This Agency is running a strategic Innovation Lab in Accra, developing advanced education technology products within a dynamic ‘start-up like’ environment. The Technology & Innovation team applies machine learning and advanced AI technologies to solve complex learning problems.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued public users.
- You’ll employ Design Thinking (training provided) to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or multiyear proven practical experience.
- Backend or Server Systems Programming – Design and code servers, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
- At least 2-5 years work experience on big data and building statistical models
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Strong Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) experience in big data environments
- Create various machine learning-based tools or processes within the company such as book recommendation engines, gaming methods to increase platform usage or automated patron scoring systems to drive targeted messaging with a view to increasing engagement and driving revenue.
- Good applied statistics skills, statistical modelling, statistical testing, and deployment in production environments (via front end frameworks supported by stable backend infrastructure)
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools using such as D3.js, PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire
- Excellent understanding of Machine Learning (inclusive of NLP) and data science techniques, methodologies & processes and algorithms with ability to run experiments and solve problems at scale.
- Experience with data science toolkits in R and Python • Applied experience with machine learning, data science and solving problems at scale
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of big data technologies with big data stores Hadoop, KAfta, Google Big Query, Amazon Datastores) and tools (including dynamo DB, elastic search, S3, SQS, Kinesis) or Spark / Storm / Hadoop / Kafka or Neo4.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly compartmentalize problems into smaller supported by strong framework thinking leading to exhaustive and well thought out solutions.
- Proven portfolio of Advanced analytics/ML/AI projects
- Experience in working and creating Data Architecture.
Application process: Please send an application,CV, cover letter and sample of work (ideally, projects on GitHub) to email@example.com
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.