Objective: To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the institution; give direction and leadership towards the achievement of the institution's vision, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives; represent the organization and strive to build a positive image in all relevant media encounters.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO shall be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the vision, mission, purpose, goals, objectives, targets and outputs, and policies set by the Board are fully implemented, complied with and met.
- Fund Sourcing - Develop, acquire and maintain the necessary grants, credit lines, and other financial and non-financial resources necessary to meet the institution's objectives.
- Financial Management - Coordinate the budget planning process and prudently manage institutional resources within those budget guidelines
- Risk management- Coordination with the various departments, establish and maintain an effective internal control and risk management system
- Community and Public Relations - Develop networks and strategic alliances to positively influence economic policies.
- Policy formulation and implementation - Formulate and implement guidelines, procedures, internal regulations that are consistent with the policies set forth by the Board of Directors and industry regulators Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Ensure that the institution complies with each of the requirements of the Bank of Ghana and other regulators
Qualification Required and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance. Accounting, Management or some other related field
- At least ten years working experience, with two of them in senior leadership, in a combination of the following: Micro-Finance institution, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, or economic and business development institution.
- Must have a clear understanding and experience of micro-finance industry and technology
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to lead the institution forward
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Good knowledge of economic and financial topics
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to the mission and Core Values of the Micro-finance Institution and the plight of the low income people