- Planning menus
- Ensuring food quality and taste is of the highest standard
- Managing inventory of stock and ordering raw materials
- Controlling budgets and minimizing wastage
- Maintaining health and hygiene in the kitchen
- Organizing duty roster of the staff
- Training and developing staff
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or particularly busy.
- Degree or Diploma from a culinary school.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a working chef.
- Advanced knowledge of the culinary arts.
- Particular about sanitation and quality control.
- Portfolio of creative, unique dishes- preferably Chinese dishes.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.