Department: Managed Services
Direct Manager: SLM Manager
Dept: Back Office
Responsible for all VAS elements (SMSC, VMS/UMS, MMSC, WAP-GW, OTA, IVR, Cell Broadcast, USSD, RBT) alarm handling, fault management, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, installation, commissioning, DB configuration, performance monitoring and auditing. Responsible for the Operations & Maintenance of value-added services and GPRS/PRBT platforms. Follow technical procedures to operate and administrate the different elements in the VAS network and all supporting Network Elements. New technologies, features and software project support management
Key Responsibility Areas
Job Role and Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for operational routines to maintain a high level of quality and availability of VAS Platforms and products offered by Tigo to both internal and external customers
• Responsible for the overall upkeep and management of all existing and future products/systems and their integration to the Tigo operations
• Provide first level support and escalate to 2nd level support for problems that require additional support and technical assistance.
• Reclassify problems into level 3 (vendor support) and initiate change request to be approved by team leader and subsequently escalate to product vendor.
• Perform daily Operations and Maintenance for the current VAS Platforms (SMSC, VMS/UMS, MMSC, WAP-GW, OTA, IVR, Cell Broadcast, USSD, RBT).
• Perform daily health checks on the VAS platforms to ensure high reliability and availability.
• Develop and carry out Preventive Maintenance activities for the VAS Platform.
• Generate reports (performance and quality indicators) for the VAS platforms.
Deliverables/Performance Measures (Goals and targets to be achieved, reporting etc.):
Manage TTs and Work Order (WO) creation and follow up within SLA; Accurate and Timely Reporting
Minimum Experience Requirements
Skills and Knowledge (List of the key competencies needed in the position):
• Experience in maintaining VAS Platforms (SMSC, MMSC, WAPG and etc)
• Experience in a mobile telecommunication environment
• Experience in 2G, 3G network elements (NSS, BSS,)
• Experience in Network element OSS tools
• Familiar with GSM, 3G and IP protocols
• Familiar with Transmission: Microwave, Optical, Leased Lines
• Network service / performance focused.
• Knowledge about network operation processes and interfaces.
• Knowledge of network implementation / integration processes
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Decision-making skills
• Proficiency in English language
Core Job Related competences
- 2-3 years’ experience and technical expertise of VAS (SMSC, VMS/UMS, MMSC, WAP-GW, OTA, IVR, Cell Broadcast, USSD,RBT) at HW, SW and functional levels
- Technical knowledge and expertise of all VAS Network Element interfaces and signaling protocols.
- Familiar with use of Protocol analyzers for 2G and 3G Interfaces
- Knowledge of UMTS, GPRS, EDGE
- Technical Knowledge and understanding of Huawei 2G, 3G equipment. MSS, MGW, DCN, SGSN, RNC, BTS. At HW, SW and functional levels
- Accuracy and quality in performing routine activities
- Computer Literate, Microsoft products: Outlook, Office suite, Internet
- Willingness to work flexible hours and 24x7 availability.
- Customer Focus
- Performance and Results Orientated
- Effective Communication and Impact
- Continuous Improvement and Managing Change
Qualification - Degree or above in electronic, computer, communications, science and engineering professionals
Language: English and one local Language