Job Family: Networks
Reports to: Transmission SUPPORT TEAM LEADER
Job Speciality: Transmission
The TRANSMISSION Support Engineer will be responsible for managing, supervising and providing Expertise support in fault resolution on the IP Transport Network , to ensure equipment availability and proper functionality at all times
Works under minimal supervision, may assist less experienced peers. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy and meeting objectives. Extensive-latitude for independent judgment.
Level of Impact:
• Severe network disruptions resulting in loss of revenue
• Poor network quality resulting in bad brand image
• Increased operational costs
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to Network activities, organization and ensure that appropriate decisions are made.
- Management of ALL Operations and Maintenance procedures and processes.
- Manage integration of new equipment or new functionalities and supervising implementation
- Support all activities/maintenance conducted on the TRANSMISSION IP transport network
- Provide support to NOC, Radio and IT teams concerning functioning of technical equipment
- In charge of Technical documentation (procedures…), training and transfer of knowledge
- Provide technical expertise by analyzing dysfunctions and implementing unusual network operations with vendor concerning integration, alteration and optimization of operations.
- Follow up equipment evolution (new products…), update documents.
- Follow up overall performance of network equipment; implement procedures in order to optimize TRANSMISSION Network.
- Implement solutions on the Network leading to performance improvement and correction in conjunction with the Planning and Performance team.
- Functionality evaluation and implementation suggestions in Company’s network.
- Testing (e2e), evaluation and rollout of network functionalities and SW releases.
- Hardware testing, integration and acceptance of new network elements/expansions.
- Conduct periodic Network audits.
- Manage through processes and procedures operational activities (e.g. backups, Node health checks, preventive maintenance, HW/SW updates, etc) and network troubleshooting.
- Provide expertise training to Network maintenance field Technicians on the various fault diagnosis and measurements procedures, to result in improved efficiency of teams and higher equipment availability.
- Escalate major/critical system faults or equipment malfunction to vendor and inform Core Manager
- Detailed understanding of IP and CISCO certification
- Good working practical knowledge and understanding of transmission systems (TDM, Hybrid and IP)
- Good working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle and database systems
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Works on special projects and assignments as requested by Technical Support Manager
• Advanced training/knowledge in transmission systems.
• IP networking
• Experience in Telecommunication operation equipment, installation and deployment.
• Good knowledge of Telecommunication equipment.
• Good knowledge of Network operations.
• Good knowledge of BSS systems.
• Business awareness
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
• Team player.
• Coaching skills.
• Able to take initiatives.
• Proper attitude.
• Higher Diploma/ Bachelors degree with 5 years experience in a mobile telecommunications industry
• Diploma Telecom Eng with at least 7 years experience in the telecommunication field.