The Technical Officer for the Car4Cash product has the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for inspecting collateral vehicles to confirm their suitability.
- Must ensure vehicle inspection includes all the following:
- Comparing vehicle description and particulars on ownership documents to the physical exhibit provided
- The chassis number on the vehicle document matches the chassis number on the body of the vehicle.
- The vehicle Make and model on the vehicle document match those on the vehicle.
- The vehicle registration number on the vehicle document matches the one affixed to the vehicle.
- Must record actual physical condition of the car; interior, paintwork, and general condition of the engine.
- Responsible for determining the market & forced sale values of every collateral vehicle.
- Must ensure the valuation is done using templates and guidelines provided. This is to ensure standardization, transparency, and fairness.
- Responsible for liaising with contacts at the DVLA to effect a change of vehicle ownership from borrowers before loan disbursement.
- Responsible for liaising with contacts at the DVLA to effect a change of vehicle ownership back to borrowers after loan accounts have been settled.
- Responsible for organizing and supervising the installation of tracking devices on every collateral vehicle before loan disbursement.
- Must receive confirmation that tracking devices are working from the service provider, before signing off the required documentation filled by the service provider’s technician.
- Responsible for organizing and supervising the removal of tracking devices from collateral vehicles after loan settlement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- HND or Degree in a related field
- Good analytical skills
- Must have integrity.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a reputable institution would be advantageous.
- Must be focused, organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- Must take pride in delivering quality every time.
Skills / Attributes:
- Analytical and hardworking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team spirit is essential.