Staff Software Engineer
Software & Data
As a Staff Engineer at DigitalOcean, you will define the next generation of cloud services and create flexible and powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to support our growing customer base. Your solutions will make developers’ lives (both inside DO and in the ‘wild’) easier by building new systems and improving the efficiency and performance of existing systems.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:11 years
- Evolving our existing architecture and code bases to build flexible and robust capabilities to solve business problems
- Create and maintain services that are performant and highly reliable
- Lead your team to build and mature engineering practices
- Mentor and coach less experience members of the Engineering org
- Multiply the effectiveness of others by facilitating cross-team work
- Set short to medium term strategic technical direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them
- Take part in an on-call rotation
- Technologies we use: Kubernetes, Go, gRPC, MySQP, Redis, Kafka, Ember, and others
- 11+ years as a software engineer, developer, or programmer building software used by 1000s of users
- Language: Demonstrated ability to develop, test, ship, maintain, and operate production-ready code and systems. (Go experience is a requirement)\
- Experience building reliable, maintainable, and tested software across large deployments
- Passion for mentoring and coaching other members on your team
- Record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Experience with at least one configuration management system like Chef, Ansible and/or Puppet
- Strong opinions, weakly held.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.