Software Automation Engineer
Software & Data
As our Software Automation Engineer, you will automate testing processes within Abarca’s software solutions. You will be responsible for collaborating with Agile Software Development Teams in devising appropriate code-based testing approaches and test settings to ensure the utmost quality of our systems from a coding standpoint. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge Information Technology operations to serve its members, you will become a unique individual with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for both software development and quality engineering. You’ll work hands-on with developers in order to review code via the development of test cases that challenge the software’s functional requirements, which will control the quality of the code development and assure adherence to coding standards.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
The fundamentals for the job…
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot software applications and software testing tools.
- Plan and execute software focused testing to quickly identify defects early in the development and integration process, reduce regression and configuration testing time through automation, and confirm that the product functions as intended.
- Utilize open-source tools (RPA and other automation tools) or develop custom scripts for automating tests to validate software products involving both back-end processing systems and Web-based GUIs.
- Work closely with Agile team members (Product Management, Architecture, Development, Quality Engineering, and Automation peers).
- Ensure automation framework(s) can test the product software at multiple points including UI, API, back-end data processing applications and server code.
- Develop and execute automated test cases for functional, integration, and regression.
- Review and provide analysis for test cases to identify and develop automation strategies.
- Recommend and implement improvements to both the code and functional levels of the product(s).
- Perform routine automation assignments with minimum supervision.
- Ensure that code is embedded with software functional specifications.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering team and sometimes lead to ensure test cases are automated and can be delivered.
- Simulate automated stress tests to maintain the overall performance and health of the system in place.
- Mentor, coach, train, code review and support Software Quality Engineers on how to develop and execute automation code.
What we expect of you:
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 6+ years of related experience with Development or QA Automation.
- Experience with Agile Software Development and/or Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, XP, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with SDLC, CI/CD principles and familiar with DevOps/SRE practices.
- Experience with test case management, defect tracking tools and processes.
- Experience with testing of API consumptions, test automation frameworks, practices, and tools.
- Experience working with relational databases, writing and execute SQL queries and database objects over a SQL server database.
- Experience with Jenkins, Jira or other team collaboration products for agile projects, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, Selenium IDE and Web Driver products.
- Ability to lead and set direction for agile software test and automation projects, while being accountable for results.
- Detail-oriented, organized, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly assess impact of new features on the current framework architecture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.