· Execute on all practical and technical work timely and reliable manner.
· Perform routine maintenance on all belt and splicing equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
· Test repaired equipment to determine the extent of effective functioning.
· Provide practical and technical assistance relevant to the trade to the Mechanical Supervisor.
· Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information for the incoming crew.
· Report and record all necessary shift information in log books.
· Work with the Mechanical Supervisor to maintain optimal mechanical performance of the Process Plant.
· Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Process Plant operation.
· Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the Mechanical Supervisor.
· Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications and / drawings, and in accordance with local standards.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including
· Mechanical Certificate (MET) from a Technical Institution / Degree or HND.
· Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in conveyor belt and rubber lining.
· Experience in basic measurements and calculations.
• Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Sound computer literacy skills (SAP, MS Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
• Ability to use the Vulcanizing Machine.
How to apply for the Job
Applicants must submit both CV and cover letter to Talentresourceplus@yahoo.com stating in the subject of the email, the vacancy applying for.