A Ghanaian Manufacturing company with its entire product portfolio locally produced is looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager. The company’s major business categories include skin, hair, personal and home care products which are marketed in wholesale, retail and B2B channels, with emphasis on the development of strong consumer brands and B2B business. The company has seen low penetration levels in its categories but anticipate robust economic growth and believes it is well-positioned for a successful future in West Africa.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for designing the strategies and guidelines for brand development and growth in the consumer space and assigning the relevant image building strategies and tactics to ensure appeal to each of the segments defined.
- Outlining and designing the appropriate trade / retail marketing strategies, tools and tool boxes to support a dynamic sales team achieve its yearly sales objectives and in return impact the company’s revenue targets.
- Developing appropriate marketing and communication instruments for each of the categories and building an image for each of the brands with the right mix of initiatives with the help of marketing and advertising agencies.
- Using integrated marketing to increase selling opportunities and consumer affinity to our portfolio.
- Cooperating and coordinating with the various departments of the company on matters around sales and operation planning, promotional plans to drive Sales and increased awareness around the brands and support the sales team in the trade (awareness generation is a critical need for the portfolio), while encouraging higher investment in the brands from wholesalers.
- Coordinating excellently and with great interpersonal relationship skills with external communications partners like the media and creative agencies, service providers and the trade to ensure ongoing goodwill with partners.
- A university degree in Marketing or similar related degree with over 10 to 15 years working experience in Brand Marketing in Consumer products or fast moving Consumer Goods.
- Having a Professional Marketing Certificate is a plus.
- Specifically 10-15 years of Marketing experience
- Able to design and implement a workable brand plan or portfolio strategy to achieve desired objectives.
- Solid knowledge of brand P&L and how to leverage it.
- Must be able to understand and interpret current trends, historical data and forecasts to enable credible planning.
2. Brand Development:
- Understanding of Sales and marketing in the FMCG environment.
- Must have Consumer Marketing Knowledge.
- Must be able to court and market to the Trade and develop sound working relationship with key business partners.
- Must understand Supply Chain.
- Must be able to manage the Sales Force and Build Teams and Talents through in-house talking and training on the job.
- Must work within established structures and processes to build a strong Sales team.
- Demonstrate consistent Career growth especially in leadership position.
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal input from superior.
Salary Range: Remuneration is within set range determined by the corporate governance structure of the company and is commensurate with work experience and added skills & competencies that is brought to bear in this role.
- Good understanding of the Business to Business environment, National Competitive Tendering process and Institutional business is a must.
- Understand and be able to conduct mini consumer risk surveys and gather competitive intelligence and insight.
- Knowledge in research and development is required. Liaise with other departments to work on product, packaging, process and innovation.
- Must possess Presentation skills, Delegation Skills, Communication Skills, Teamwork Skills Selling and Distribution Skills.
- Applicants will be required to send CV and copies of certificates.
- And provide contact information (including email addresses) of three references.