- Report directly to Technical Director with daily and weekly activity reports.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the chemical refining processes.
- Direct and manage the chemical refining production staff, programs, and processes to ensure safe, optimal, timely and efficient operation of all chemical units
- Ensure that production targets are achieved, and feedback is provided to the Technical Director.
- Report plant overall effectiveness such as downtimes, performance, quality, weekly reports to the Technical Director
- Oversee installation of chemical plant equipments and lead production.
- Responsible for receipt of precious metals for chemical refining and monitoring of melting of precious metals in the melting unit.
- Responsible for chemical refining of gold and metallic silver recovery from silver chloride.
- Overall responsibility for operation of all the chemical refining machinery such caustic scrubbers, chemical refining units, effluent treatment plant etc.
- Review and keep accurate records and report periodically to Technical Director on usages, storage and inventory of all consumables used in the chemical refining processes.
- Identify training needs of personnel working on the refinery chemical plants/units.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining safe and suitable environmental and safety conditions production personnel during and after chemical operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Metallurgical/Chemical/Minerals Engineering or a related field
- At least 7-10 years hands on experience in a similar role.
- Experience in chemical refining in Mining/Oil & Gas sectors would be an advantage