Principal Software Engineer
Software & Data
We are building the world’s top-rated global Employment Platform. We are strong advocates of DevOps culture where product managers, engineers, QA, IT operations and InfoSec work together towards a common goal, enabling the fast flow of planned work into production, while achieving world-class stability, reliability, availability and security.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
What you will do:
- Drive the technical evolution of our best-in-class Data Platform, taking the lead on initiatives including technical design, prototyping, and overseeing execution towards agreed goals.
- Lead the team in development initiatives across the data and analytics stack from ETL and Streaming data ingestion to the transformation, storage, and analysis of data from a variety of internal and external sources
- Collaborate with product managers, technical architects, engineering management, Cloud Engineering, and other SMEs across the business to understand their requirements and explore and suggest appropriate solutions to achieve the required product features.
- Take a tech lead role in one or more agile teams, providing hands-on technical expertise, ensuring technological progress against plans, safeguarding functionality, security, scalability, and performance.
- Ensure consistent use of shared platform components
- Design and develop reusable libraries.
- Contribute to best practices for data and analytics workload development.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Advise on the product roadmap and migration plans to achieve engineering and company strategic goals.
- Help define the team’s technical strategy.
- Advocate and evangelize agile principles and DevOps culture.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in developing data and analytics applications in geographically distributed teams
- Hands-on experience in using modern architectures and frameworks, structured and unstructured data, and programming with Python
- Hands-on SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgresSQL, and others
- Hands-on ETL knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of commercial data platforms (Databricks, Snowflake) or cloud data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery)
- Knowledge of data catalog and MDM tooling (Atlan, Alation, Informatica, Collibra)
- Knowledge of how machine learning / A.I. workloads are implemented in batch and streaming, including the preparing of datasets, training models, and using pre-trained models
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English (both verbal and written)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.