This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Java and the Java Virtual Machine, Linux system and software architecture. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, and make Ubuntu the best operating system to develop and run your Java applications in the cloud and in data centers, in containers or directly on the operating system, and anywhere else Java and Ubuntu can run (that is: pretty much everywhere!).
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Work with technical product managers to define the JVM roadmap in Ubuntu
- Select, integrate and package best-of-breed JVM tooling in Ubuntu
- Ensure Ubuntu rates top as the platform for JVM-based innovation
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality fixes
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks a year for internal and external events
- Be a long-time Linux user
- Love technology and working with brilliant people
- Be passionate, curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- Have experience or an interest in packaging software for Debian and Ubuntu
- Have professional Java experience, ideally in the world of cloud-native software
- Have a Bachelor's or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- Be enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- Value soft skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.