Functional Duties & Responsibilities:
Core Facility Management
- Plan and coordinate all planned preventive maintenance, reactive maintenance, installations, and refurbishments.
- To maintain accurate records of planned maintenance and statutory inspections
- Documenting and tracking the progress of facility projects, recurring issues, and long-term repair issues
- Conduct regular key inventories and maintain appropriate records.
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- To project manage, supervise, and coordinate the work of contractors for all planned and reactive maintenance and small project works.
- To assist in planning for future development in line with strategic objectives
- To allocate and manage space.
- To manage the security and cleaning contractors to ensure objectives are being met for the provision of those services.
- To ensure the maintenance of an attractive and safe working environment
- To ensure that the Company always remains compliant with relevant statutory responsibilities.
- To liaise with external bodies as appropriate (Ghana Fire Service, Ghana Police Service, Environmental Protection Agency, the Municipal Assemblies etc)
- To assist in the development and maintenance of accurate records of facilities, assets, and equipment.
- Conduct investigations, draft reports, and make written recommendations.
- To use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- To develop and lead plans for ensuring that the Company uses resources in an efficient and sustainable manner including energy and water.
- To check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Establish annual goals and objectives for the Unit and team.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of internal and outsources staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds, and security.
- To lead the team ensuring effective working relations
Health Safety and Environment Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the buildings, equipment, tools, and activities both on-site and off-site meet health and safety requirements
- Ensuring the resolution of hazards within agreed timelines
- Report on transport records and maintenance activities
- Be a Safety Committee representative for your department
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- A degree or equivalent in Engineering, Facilities Management, Project Management, Business Management, or other relevant degree level qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a similar facilities management or engineering project management role, within a medium to large organisation, including line management responsibility for a multi skilled team.
- Experience working in an environment of health and safety and statutory compliance. Experience of dealing with ISO 140001 or ISO 50001 management systems is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in facility or Engineering project Management
- A working knowledge of Occupational health and Safety
- Ability to work in compliance with OHSE and EMS policies
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good decision-making skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects.
- The ability to see the implications for the bigger picture.
- Proactive with a high level of initiative, capable of identifying new work and improvements independently.
- Commercial awareness and Customer service
- Organization, time management, prioritizing, and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload.
- A good knowledge of IT
How to Apply
Deadline for receiving applications is 20th August 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.