District-Based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Data Officers
Software & Data
Our client is seeking candidates for the roles of District-Based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Data Officers for the SAGES project in selected districts of the Upper West Region. Reporting to the Regional MEAL and KML Coordinator, the District-Based M&E and Data Officer is responsible for supporting SAGES Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities taking place in their assigned district or area. He/she also works to ensure the availability of quality strategic information with the aim of data sharing with our government and non-government partners.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Design, implement and execute plans for M&E and data quality in the designated district, including data quality assessments and action plans resulting from the assessments.
- Participate and lead discussions in circuit and district for a regarding trends seen in data as well as signals for poor or above-average service delivery.
- Contribute to development and implementation of Data Quality (DQ) guidelines, training and training material.
- Conduct data collection activities including school surveys, data quality assessments, auditing of school records and registers, and other data collection activities as directed;
- Extract data from school documents as directed and in a timely fashion, enter data for projects requested by the Regional MEAL AND KML Coordinator.
- Respond to questions regarding data quality and modify data as directed;
- Provide feedback on questionnaires, surveys, and other data collection instruments;
- Participate in M&E and research trainings.
- Ensure that all documents submitted to the M&E team and properly stored in line with agreed document keeping protocols.
- Maintain confidentiality of collected and entered data according to the organizations protocol.
- Provide feedback to the organization on possible data errors or challenges in M&E implementation observed.
- Provide input into optimizing the monitoring and evaluation of the programme and ensuring its governance within the district.
- Ensure the accurate and timely development and submission of all reports required by different stakeholders.
- Build and maintain partnerships with all stakeholders, including district education offices, PTAs, community bodies and civil society groups in the district.
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in development projects
- Proven monitoring or research experience is essential.
- Previous work experience with non-government organizations (NGOs), would be an advantage.
- Experienced in education data collection and data entry.
- At least 1 year of experience in data collection and data entries domain
- Experience in data processing & use of data visualization tools will be ab added advantage
- Experience in managing teams and building staff capacity within complex programing
- A proven experience in the use of quantitative and qualitative software for data analysis
- Experience with M & E approaches, database design and other tools for information
- Knowledge and experience with mobile data collection platforms
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer literacy, Education, Social sciences or any other related fields
- Good understanding of the Ghanaian Education Sector including the policies, management and education information systems and structures at the district level
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English language
- Valid motor riding license, and willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in one of the major local languages spoken in the Upper West Region.
- Demonstrated data management skills and experience.
- A proven record in presentations and facilitating training workshops.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via ATS with “District-Based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Data Officer” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Sunday, 14 May 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
We operate a zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.