Software & Data
DevOps is a key position within the Engineering division of our product. The incumbent in this role will play a critical part in developing a Centre of Excellence responsible for delivering shared solutions for infrastructure operations across our suite of products. To fill this role successfully, the candidate will need a strong background in cloud technologies, DevOps, and infrastructure automation, as well as a deep understanding of a broad set of modern scripting and OO programming languages. AWS skills are a plus.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Lead and manage a team. You have demonstrated strong leadership qualities in your craft, in your collaboration with colleagues across a broad spectrum of roles, and in the development, care, coaching and mentorship of your team.
- Collaborate effectively within an agile team, and in close collaboration with Quality, Delivery and Product teams delivering continuous improvements in customer outcomes.
- Participating in the configuring, deploying, monitoring, and supporting the hosting of applications in AWS and ensuring the use of IaC best practices on our software infrastructure assets.
- Ensure effective monitoring and automation supporting the effective management and consumption of cloud resources.
- Operate and maintain software systems across the full breadth of the SDLC and ensure optimal construction and implementation of CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with the Support and Development teams to ensure troubleshooting, diagnosis and rectification of hosting issues, and provide effective solutions through the applied integration of infrastructure, software, and software delivery best practices.
- Experience leading and managing an engineering team, with a proven track record in leading seasoned and developing junior engineers.
- DevOps experience in large, multi-product environments, with large scale production cloud hosting, including budgeting.
- Experience authoring CI/CD pipelines, automation elements related to infrastructure composition, deployment orchestration, and monitoring.
- A good understanding of working in an Agile environment and its working practices.
- A positive and constructive attitude and approach to cross-functional collaboration across the stack (frontend/backend and DevOps) and good execution.
- Awareness of longer-term impacts of architectural/deployment/automation choices.
- Comfortable presenting and communicating ideas to key stakeholders and engineers alike.
- Ability to convince people to follow your lead.
Nice to Haves :
- Experience in AWS Architecture, ideally with an accreditation.
- Experience using Terraform and/or CloudFormation as an automation technology.
- Experience deploying configuration management via Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with source code version control systems like GitHub or GitLab.
- Experience managing and running production workloads on Docker, Fargate and ECS.
- Experience using modern scripting and OO programming languages as a contributing member within an agile squad.
- Experience of implementing infrastructure, service-based monitoring solutions and supporting Linux systems.
- A good understanding of the security controls required to host applications and services in the cloud.
- A good understanding of release management techniques within a cloud hosted environment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.