- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Repair brake and steering systems.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and electronic systems.
- Replace or repair transmissions and fuel components as needed.
- Repair cooling components and systems including air conditioners and engine cooling.
- Perform emissions inspections, safety checks and similar state-regulated vehicle examinations.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Produce legible and accurate paperwork reflecting work performed.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license for conducting test drives
- Valid certification
- Proven experience as auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Degree,HND preferred; Certification from a vocational/Technical school with convincing experience.
- Dexterity and coordination
- Mechanical skills and knowledge of mechanical systems
- Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with complex electronic control systems
- Ability to use computerized diagnostic equipment well