General and Administrative
- Supervise drivers and mechanics
- Maintain all relevant information for each vehicle (vehicle purchase, insurance & registration documents along with all interventions on the vehicle which will include servicing/repairs and accident reports, log sheets, and other relevant documents).
- Oversee the work of the mechanic/driver, ensuring monthly repair and travel plans are developed and adhered to.
- Compile the monthly/quarterly fuel reports.
- Ensure drivers have an up-to-date and proper license.
- Oversee recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates in traffic rules, signage, signaling and practical driving.
- Act as the line manager to transport personnel, evaluate employee performance, allocate and rotate appropriate work assignments, develop training plans.
- Submit regular and comprehensive monthly reports to the supervisor on vehicle movements and problems.
- Ensure the vehicles are used in accordance with defined policies and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
- Perform any other related duties when required
Transport and Fleet Management
- Implementation of Transport policy approved by management.
- Ensure observance of road safety standards; ensure project vehicles are used in accordance with established rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
- Propose improvements in the existing transport processes, systems, and tools.
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse is raised to management.
- Maintain daily duty rosters of drivers. Prepare weekly schedules for drivers/operators.
- Track vehicle registration and insurance and work with procurement to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Arrange for re-training and re-certification of drivers and registration and re-certifications of vehicles.
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles in Projects & SBU Haulage
- Schedule the movement of vehicles and drivers within Accra
- Collect vehicle logs from the field and review for accuracy.
- Discuss problems with logs with drivers and train new drivers on how to properly fill in vehicle logs.
- Collect daily and weekly vehicle checklists, verify their accuracy, and work with drivers to correct any problems.
Fleet Maintenance and Servicing
- Maintain proper inventory of all components of vehicles, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Ensure the maintenance, oiling and servicing schedule of the vehicles is followed.
- Track repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair processes.
- Prepare services requisitions for repair and maintenance at the appropriate garages.
- Maintain good working relationships with venders of vehicle services and parts and liaise with them regularly on vehicle repairs to ensure repairs are appropriate and done thoroughly.
Education and Experience.
- Bsc with 4- 5 years experience, Certificate in Logistics & transport, preferably Chartered Member, Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the proven ability to manage and coordinate a variety of shipments and shipping methods.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be able to drive.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn software systems used for tracking and billing operations.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to travel and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- May require travel.
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.