Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintenance of vehicle
- Checking basic maintenance (oil, coolant, water, tyre pressure, battery water) regularly.
- Ensuring that the parts of the vehicle are working well (e.g. lights, brakes, etc).
- Maintaining a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption for monthly checking by line manager .
- Completing information required for monthly vehicle reports to be submitted to line manager .
- Ensuring that all major incidents are reported to the line manager immediately.
- Ensuring that vehicles are taken to the garage in good time when faults emerge.
- Ensuring that vehicles are clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintain the vehicle visual appearance, cleanliness and safety.
- Esure that the vehicle is immaculate in appearance and ready to drive without issue at all times.
- check engine fluids, inspecting interior and exterior, electrical and mechanical components, maintaining tire pressure and keeping fuel levels at adequate levels.
- When mechanical work, scheduled maintenance, professional washing and detail work is needed, Driver schedules service appointments, facilitate vehicle transport to and from the facility and
- Book appointments for mechanical work, scheduled maintenance, professional washing and detailing and regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle.
- Procure the use of a suitable alternate vehicle if CEO’s vehicle is not available.
- Prepare truck for operation by inspecting destinations, operating the vehicle and maintaining schedule.
- Perform required pre and post-trip vehicle inspection’s and complete required paperwork (e.g.driver’s log) concerning journeys made.
- Determine best route for journeys considering weather, time and road conditions.
3. Safely Drive Vehicle
- Monitor vehicle movement and report faults as soon as they occur.
- Support and promote safety and wellness initiatives e.g. wearing of seat belts.
- Report all safety concerns, harzards and incidents.
- Maintains safe operating and clean appearance of vehicle by complying with operational policies, procedures, state and local driving regulations.
- Ensure regulatory documents for the vehicle is up to date.
- Adhere to Company policy regarding carrying a picture ID while working and showing that picture ID when requested at venues for deliveries.
4. Customer Service
- Represent company in a positive and professional manner while at work and while driving on the public roadway.
- Meet, greet and assist all customers in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Personalize each event, phone call or customer interaction with friendly clear conversation.
- Engage in clear attentive and informative dialogue with customers.
- Provide the necessary time, patience and attention to each customer.
- Check with Supervisor before addressing the requests of customers.
- The Driver must acquire, retain and submit all receipts to the employer and ensure that expenditures are authorized under the terms of employment services.
- The Personal Driver is expected to be mannerly and courteous in all driving and non-driving situations while on the job.
- Good grooming and personal hygiene with clean and acceptable clothing as instructed by the employer are expected.
- Calm, rational behavior and attitude under stressful driving conditions are the expected norm.
- Use of inappropriate or abusive language and gestures are inappropriate.
- The driver will be expected to follows instructions and requests without argument or complaint.
- He is not to comment, engage or join in conversations of CEO or passengers without permission.
7. Drug usage
- Use of alcohol, illegal drugs or prescriptions/medications that inhibit cognitive or mechanical ability – either on the job, while on call or before a scheduled shift is illegal. A sober fully functional driver is expected by the CEO at all times
8. Any other duties as instructed by line manager
Education and Experience
- Holder of WASSCE certificate
- 5-10 years driving experience.
- Holder of valid and appropriate driving license and a good driving record.
- Knowledge of navigation apps to determine the best route.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues, clients, and customers.
- Maintain an excellent, dependable level of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong customer service orientation, good judgment and flexibility.
- Ability to work cooperatively, courteously and respectfully with all consumers, contractors and co-workers whom he/she may come in contact with during the course of the day.
- Highly organized.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to use navigation apps to determine the best route.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to pass a DOT physical exam and drug test.
- Ability to lift, move and carry heavy/bulky items long distances in excess of 50 lbs.
- Physically able to stand for prolonged periods and/or move about various venues.
- Physically able to bend and/or climb a ladder for set up of equipment.
- Regular travel between construction sites and main office.
- Loading and unloading of possible heavy/bulky equipment and supplies.