- Partake in the development of the asset care plan for the packaging plant, contributing suggestions and providing expert advice.
- Drive the deployment of the Asset Management Strategy in the Plant
- Implement the asset care plan for the Packaging plant, ensuring the Packaging Engineering team have the required competencies to execute the plan.
- Ensure that asset care goals are incorporated into the Packaging Engineering team and individual goals
- Implementation of the Predictive Maintenance Strategy, including the Condition Monitoring program.
- Lead the OEM SPP (Supplier Partnering Programme) for the plant and monitor Service Agreements.
- Ensure Engineering Change Management Procedure adherence.
Support packaging performance improvement by conducting and leading performance optimization initiatives.
- Verify that the Packaging Engineering team are carrying out routine and planned maintenance, and validates quality of work.
- Take part in and/or manage central office plant optimisation trials or projects, providing advice, assistance and guidance where required.
- Ensure that predictive maintenance technique are implemented.
Evaluate impact of new plant and equipment, and sign off all plant modifications and changes.
- Lead the development of Packaging Engineering team goals and ensure they are communicated and understood by team members.
- Ensure that the Packaging Engineering team apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures, and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
- Ensure implementation of the appropriate and legislative policies (such as OSH act) on safety and housekeeping.
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory checks are part of the asset care management system, are performed and all documentation completed and recorded.
Experience and Education:
- BSc: Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- A successful track record as a Packaging Unit Manager
- Minimum: 3 years of maintenance experience
- Ideal: 5 years of experience in maintenance of packaging equipment
- Previous line management experience is an added advantage.
- Broad-based engineering and packaging knowledge as applicable
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of manufacturing principles and practices within the industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the FMCG industry
- Ability to assess organizational systems to ensure support of strategic directives.
- Ability to lead and influence ideas and people by articulating a compelling and inspired vision and motivating and mobilizing individuals and parties towards this common goal.
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Proven ability to foresee and take action against potential risks to the business/system as a whole
- Assess and makes clear trade-offs when making critical decisions
- Simplifies the decision-making process for self and others