Health & Safety
Sanford Health-Ghana is seeking for immediate employment, an experienced midwife at our Clinic location in Kasoa on permanent basis. The successful candidate will be part of the midwifery team responsible for providing a wide range of maternal and women health services to our clients.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the organization and delivery of antenatal care to clients.
- Perform physical examination on pregnant woman
- Contribute to the provision of key services during the antenatal period to improve health outcome
- Provide counseling to clients on birth preparedness and complication readiness.
- Conduct spontaneous vaginal deliveries for clients.
- Provide education for clients on a range of relevant topics including minor ailments during pregnancy/labor/puerperium and their management, personal hygiene, breastfeeding, nutrition etc.
- Plan and coordinate activities in readiness for women in labor
- Monitor patients, anticipate and recognize deviations from normal infant deliveries and carry out laid down procedures to safeguard the well-being of mothers and babies such as resuscitation of newborns, treatment of hemorrhage and shock, fetal distress, prolapsed cord, and other life- threatening conditions.
- Assist with the organization and delivery of postnatal care to clients.
- Inspect lochia and perform oral and vulva toileting.
- Assist with the organization and conduct of prenatal classes for expectant parents to help ensure safe pregnancy, childbirth and puerperium.
- Assist mothers to initiate infant feeding following delivery
- Assist with the management of breastfeeding problems.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Diploma in Midwifery (A Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage)
- At least Three (3) years post-qualification experience
- Good standing with the NMC and with an active PIN
- Computer literacy is a must
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.