The National Inspectorate Board (NIB), is one of the autonomous bodies established by the Education Act 778, of 2008 under the Ministry of Education to set and enforce standards in all public and private pre-tertiary schools in Ghana. The agency is looking for a Statistician to organise, coordinate and ensure quality data collection, validation, compilation and dissemination of statistical data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design sound methods for collecting data
- Oversee the actual collection of data
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information and checking for any inaccuracies.
- Use statistics to make forecasts and provide projected figures
- Prepare reports based on analysis and present it to management
- Convey complex information to people who may not be specialists
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modelling and graphic analysis using data visualization tools.
- Must have at least Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field
- Must have at least five (5) years working experience
- Must be knowledgeable in statistical programmes such as SPSS, Stata, SAS, RapidMiner, Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge in programming for data and analytics (R, Python, MATLAB) will be an advantage.
- Must have knowledge in data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel
Job Skills and Requirements
- Good IT skills
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- Numerical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Submission of Application
Send CVs to email@example.com with subject "Mid-Level Statistician_Full Name". CVs should be named in this format: CV_Full Name. Any other additional document should be saved as "Type of Document_Full Name" e.g. Academic Certificate_John Doe.
All submissions should be sent via email.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.