Disaster Management Case Manager
Health & Safety
ICF seeks a Disaster Management Case Manager to support and promote housing recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) and Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funds. As a Case Manager, you will work closely with other members of the Case Management Team, the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, and subject matter experts; clearly communicate information regarding applicant engagement, community outreach, and file review and processing. The position requires, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Work closely with program leadership, staff, and applicants to ensure that applicants fully understand program requirements and are frequently updated on application and grant progress throughout the case management process.
- Gather, scan, and store required program eligibility and other required information in electronic databases and case management systems
- Prepare letters to applicants and other required program documents
- Communicate with applicants by phone, email and in-person to communicate program requirements and case status
- Ensure all hard copy and automated files are updated and maintained in strict accordance with established policies and procedures
- Interact with project lead and staff from local, state and federal government agencies
- Support public outreach events and off-site applicant meetings
- Provide tracking and reporting information on cases progressing from intake to closeout
- Manage multiple priorities and to work limited overtime, as necessary.
- 2+ years of work experience with case management, public housing, or disaster recovery related work
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to learn, analyze, and understand complex documents such as tax returns, property deeds, insurance, and other program-related documents.
- Demonstrated ability to review documents at a close level of detail and catch subtle differences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to a variety of individuals in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work successfully with socio-economic and culturally diverse applicants.
- Experience in analyzing information and problem-solving.
- A flexible schedule that can accommodate some evening or weekend work as may be required.
Preferred Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Experience in reviewing details of a tax, real estate, and income documentation, in a professional environment.
- Experience facilitating client applications to public benefit programs.
- Experience in disaster recovery and/or housing support services or programs.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.