Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the IT Department
- Isolate network anomalies and then coming up with corrective plans.
- Create high-level and detailed maps of network and other infrastructure systems.
- Support network installations in local, national, and international locations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of computer networks Report network failures and degradation to the IT Infrastructure & Security Manager
- Perform the daily monitoring of the health and status of the network.
- Carry out new network Cable installations and router and switch configurations.
- Providing technical assistance and support to staff administrators and end-users- Configure and set up Cisco, Sophos, and Fortinet Firewalls and participate in multiple IT installations or projects. Maintain LAN user documentation.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges, and security.
Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must hold a good HND or First Degree (Minimum, Second Class Lower) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field of study from a recognized Institution. Any: additional certification in a relevant area will be an added advantage. CCNA,CCNP, MCSA,MCSE, MSA, OCA etc
- Applicants must have at least three (3) years of relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable institution.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical instructions and manuals.
- Knowledge of Network Security and Microsoft Exchange Implementation and administration.
- Able to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Comprehensive understanding of Local Area Networking, VPN
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner