GEICO is seeking an experienced Senior Manager with a passion for building high performance, low maintenance, zero-downtime platforms, and applications. You will build and manage a team of engineers with a deep focus on delivering enterprise-wide products to operate in a highly performant and efficient way. You will help drive our insurance business transformation as we transition from a traditional IT model to a tech organization with engineering excellence as its mission, while co-creating the culture of psychological safety and continuous improvement.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 6 years
- Work with your senior leadership to address project dependencies, negotiate and estimate incremental delivery dates for milestones with the stakeholder community, and deliver projects on time
- Management responsibility for leading the RDBMS team in architecting robust database solutions, optimizing query performance, and implementing cutting-edge data management techniques, while championing technical innovation and maintaining a high standard of engineering practices.
- Ownership of the end-to-end delivery of team strategy and platforms
- Identify and raise appropriate project risks, in addition to presenting detailed and implementable solutions or alternatives
- Understand how requirements and design choices may impact systems across multiple areas
- Report on your team’s progress for project and other key metrics, in addition to presenting detailed and implementable ideas for areas to further improve or influence product or project delivery
- Initiate and support performance evaluation of team members
- Cultivate a culture that motivates all levels of performers to higher levels of achievement
- Build and maintain relationships with your team members to support an environment of trust
- Develop the team budget and be accountable for reporting on results achieved at regular intervals
- Significantly contribute to the team planning process to include surfacing associate level proposals
- Software and system design knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies and concepts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and highly available scalable architectures such as active / active, multimaster, in and across geo sharding, etc.
- Knowledge in Operating Systems, Linux, Virtual Machines, Container (Docker/Containerd), Cluster Management (Kubernetes) technologies including running on private and public cloud infrastructure.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.